How do I create a superfield?
Superfield are optional fields, which you easily can create yourself. In other words, your own unique adaption of LIME Easy.
If you want to create, change or delete a superfield, you need to sign in as “Administrator”, or you need to have the right to change superfields. You manage superfields under the menu Edit / Superfields.
To create a superfield on the company card, select the tab Companies. At this moment you can view which superfields that already exists on the company card, what name the flied has, which type it is and which size it’s got. Here you’ve got the possibility to change or to delete the different superfields. To add a new field, press the New button…
Start by naming your field, and then choose which type of field you want to create (read about different types of fields further down). When you’ve chosen a type and saved, you can’t change it. In the shown example above, we’ve chosen to create a field for Region. Since we only want to be able to choose one alternative, we choose the field typeCombobox.
The created field is placed at the last post in the list of the different superfields. To move the field Region, select the field and press the arrow pointing upwards until the field has placed itself were you wish it to be, then press Close.
The alternatives that a field can consist of, the so called categories, are edited directly from the card in which the field is placed. To add an alternative to the superfield just created, press the green plus sign next to the field in question. Press New… to create a new alternative. Type the name of the alternative you want to add, and press OK. The alternative is now added to the list. Furthermore, here you can both edit and delete the already consisting alternatives by pressing the different buttons. Please notice that if you change an already existing category, the data in the database change as well. The same applies if you delete an alternative, all the existing data connected to the alternative well be deleted to.
Different types of superfields
When you create a field, you also decide the type of the field. You can’t change the type later on, why you carefully should plan which information you want the field to contain, before you create a new one. If you want to change the type later on, is there in some cases a possibility to move data between different fields via export and import.
Creates an ordinary text field. This is the best solution for information that almost always differ from one another. You also choose if the field is suited for:
- Other – An ordinary text field is created
- Date is presented in the text field in the same format as the one which is chosen in Windows Control Panel. When the date is typed, a check will be done regarding the format. Internally in the database the date is stored according to Universal Date Format, which coincides with the Swedish date format; yyyy-mm-dd.
- E-mail address – a symbol formed as an envelope will appear next to the field which you can press to send an e-mail (if you at the same time have checked the box to allow this in the settings). The first time you want to add information in the field, you can press the button on the right. LIME Easy will then give you a suggestion of the email address to the address in question. If the field is situated on the person’s card and the name of the person is Luke Skywalker and works at Tatooine Ltd, the suggestion will be as follows: email@example.com.
- Fax number – A fax icon will appear next to the field, where you can send a fax (if you at the same time have checked the box to allow this in the settings).
- Integer – A control will be done to check that you’ve written the integer with numbers, and not any other kind of symbols. The numbers cam be written in the interval [-1 000 000 000 to 1 000 000 000]. Internally in the database the integer will be stored in the same format as given in the field.
- Internet address – A symbol will appear next to the field, which takes you to the given web address (if you at the same time have checked the box to allow this in the settings).
- Phone number – A symbol will appear next to the field, where you can phone the given number (if you at the same time have checked the box to allow this in the settings). Tapir, a program handling telephony (CTI) developed by Lundalogik, will scan the information typed in this field. If you write a foreign number with the sign “+” instead of a foreign prefix, e.g. 00, in front of the number in question it’ll change to the foreign prefix chosen in the settings while phoning from LIME Easy. Consequently, you can write either 046-270 48 00 or +46 46 2704800.
- Skype name – Shows a button which enables you to phone another Skype user. For more information, visit com.
Creates a box which can be checked and unchecked. Suitable for information by yes/no character, e.g. “Will get a Christmas card”. If you have a line of checkboxes, you can uncheck the checkboxes for Symbol in the dialogue New/Change Superfields. The hight of the line which contains the checkboxes in question, will then decrease.
This is a list which contains of a number of pre-defined alternatives. You can decide what these alternatives are going to be later on. Suitable for information of a limited sort. By pressing the green plus button, the possibility to change the optional alternatives which the combobox will contain of, will emerge. The plus button will only show if you have the right “Change categories”.
This is a list which contains of a number of pre-defined alternatives, which still can be supplemented by any optional text. In other words, a combination of a text field and a combobox. Suitable for information which often are limited, but in some cases unique. By pressing the green plus button, the possibility to change the optional alternatives which the combobox will contain of, will emerge. The plus button will only show if you have the right “Change categories”.
Editabe person list
Creates a list containing persons’ names. You can use it easily to set a specific persons name (e.g. if the person in question is your company’s contact person), or a specific company or companies which are connected to a project.
Creates a combobox containing all the registered coworkers. Can be used as a field which defines “our reference” etc. By pressing the green plus sign you open the Coworker dialogue.
ODBC is a standardized access method for databases.