The users are included in groups that are included in a policy. If you want to put a permissions on a field, it's a policy you need to use.
To do this, you first need to create a policy in LISA (Lime Administration interface)
- Log in to LISA
- Click Databases
- Click on your database
- Click Security> Policies
- Click New, rename your Policy to something logical and enter the display name for the languages you use by Lime CRM.
- The field name should contain the system manager of the policy. We suggest using a descriptive name in the format tbl_tabell_name (tbl = shortening of the table) and fld_tbellname_field_name (fld is the abbreviation of the field).
- You can specify translations by name, but this is only used when a policy is called Filters, views, templates and reports as it is only in this case that they are seen in the Lime CRM client.
- Enter by ticking the policy to allow for each group
R = Read - gives read privileges to a table or field. Without this, a user can not see the field or card.
W = Write - allows change of existing data in card / field
A = Add - Gives rights to add data to a card
D = Delete - allows to delete data in a card.
- Click Save
Now you can link your policy to a field or card.
- Click Designer to your left in LISA and choose your table.
- Click the field or a card to get a green frame
- Click Properties in the tab to the right
- A bit down there is "Security Policy"
- Click down the drop-down list and select the policy you just created.
- Save and close.
- Restart Lime CRM to test
Policies can be tricky, if you want help creating a policy, one of our consultants can help out. Contact us for price / time estimation firstname.lastname@example.org or +46-46-270 48 00.